**PLEASE NOTE: This is a TWO-DAY Training from 9am-4pm each day.**
Thursday, January 19th and Friday, January 20th, 2016, 9am – 4pm
Participants MUST attend both days of training.
This training is ideal for youth work professionals interested in learning more about the youth development approach to working with young people. Participants will learn about the core concepts of youth development as well as the principles and practices that can be applied to their everyday work with youth.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the history of the youth development field and its relevance to youth work practice today.
- Describe and understand key concepts of the youth development framework, including the factors that foster resiliency in youth and the universal youth needs.
- Identify the stages of adolescent development, its impact on behavior, and how to work with adolescents from a youth development perspective.
- Identify the core competencies of effective youth work professionals; describe the attributes and talents they can offer youth, as well as the strategies for gaining new knowledge and skills.
- Begin an implementation plan workbook, including reflections and ideas by which to apply knowledge and strategies learned in the training.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. This training is limited to 30 participants, and is first come first served. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org